Saturday 26 March 2016

Am not sure of staying with Chelsea next season- Courtois

  I do not know if I will stay at Chelsea next season, admits Courtois

Chelsea goalkeeper Thibaut Courtois has fuelled speculation regarding his future by admitting he "does not know" whether he will remain at Stamford Bridge next season.

A miserable season start under Jose Mourinho saw the Blues boss sacked in December, yet interim coach Guus Hiddink has since steered his recovering side into 10th in the Premier League.

Hiddink has been unable to keep Chelsea in the race for honours, however, following exits in the FA Cup and Champions League in March, while European qualification also looks slim.

Speaking on international duty with Belgium, Courtois - who has been linked with a move to Liga giants Real Madrid this week - admitted his discontent at the season and refused to rule out a transfer away from the London club this summer.


"I do not say yes, I do not say no. I do not know," he told Belgian broadcaster RTBF when asked if he will stay at Chelsea beyond this season.

"I still have three years on my contract. We must see what Chelsea want.

"It is true that it [this season] has changed me. Until now I had always won a trophy every season. We hope that next season will be better."

Courtois, who prepares to face Portugal on Tuesday, added he enjoys training with the Red Devils' "world-class players" as opposed to Chelsea's "little less rated" stars.

"The level of training is higher among Devils," he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment